GIVING BACK STARTS HERE
WHO CAN VOLUNTEER?
Individuals, families, church or civic groups, clubs, businesses, and schools.
WHAT IS THE AGE REQUIREMENT?
Children 12 years of age and older can volunteer. Children under 15 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
WHEN CAN I VOLUNTEER?
Volunteer opportunities are available to be scheduled:
Mon-Thu: 8:30 AM-4:00 PM
Fri: 8:30 AM-12:00 PM
Sat: 10:00 AM-4:00 PM
Each week, several volunteers rotate shifts and assist staff. They are members of churches, groups, university clubs, social and service clubs, as well as high school students, college students, stay-at-home parents, and retirees. Each week, several volunteers rotate shifts and assist staff. They are members of churches, groups, university clubs, social and service clubs, as well as high school students, college students, stay-at-home parents, and retirees.
WHICH AREAS OF WORK ARE AVAILABLE?
Food Room Volunteer
- Receive food donations
- Stock food pantry shelves
- Assist with packaging food orders
- Assist families with emergency food needs
Clothing Room Volunteer
- Receive incoming clothing and household donations
- Sort and size donated clothing for clothing room shelves and HOPEfully Yours resale shop
- Assist clients in the selection of clothing, bedding, and small household goods
Reception Desk Volunteer
- Screen clients for basic service eligibility
- Answer and direct phone calls
- Answer general information questions
HOPEfully Yours Resale Shop Volunteer
- Sort and tag received items
- Stock and maintain resale shop floor
- Assist customers with general questions and information
HOPEfully Yours resale shop volunteers start by volunteering in the HOPE Center clothing room until a resale shop volunteer position is available.
Special Projects Volunteer
Needed for projects such as food and donation drives throughout the year and during the busy holiday season. Continue to check back for updated special projects volunteer positions.