Your Time + Effort = Real Results for Our Community
How Can I Help?
Each week, more than 200 volunteers rotate shifts and assist staff. They are members of churches, groups, university clubs, social and service clubs, as well as high school students, college students, stay-at-home parents, and retirees.
Who Can Volunteer?
Individuals, church or civic groups, clubs, businesses, and school groups.
What Is the Age Requirement?
Children 12 years of age and older can volunteer. Children under 15 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
When Can I Volunteer?
Volunteer opportunities are available Monday—Thursday: 8:30 A—4:00 P & Friday: 8:30 A—12:00 P.
Which Areas of Work Are Available?
FOOD ROOM VOLUNTEER
- RECEIVE FOOD DONATIONS
- STOCK FOOD PANTRY SHELVES
- ASSIST WITH PACKAGING FOOD ORDERS
- ASSIST FAMILIES WITH EMERGENCY FOOD NEEDS
CLOTHING ROOM VOLUNTEER
- RECEIVE INCOMING CLOTHING AND HOUSEHOLD DONATIONS
- SORT AND SIZE DONATED CLOTHING FOR CLOTHING ROOM SHELVES AND HOPEFULLY YOURS
- ASSIST CLIENTS IN THE SELECTION OF CLOTHING, BEDDING, AND SMALL HOUSEHOLD GOODS
RECEPTION AREA VOLUNTEER
- GREET CLIENTS
- ANSWER AND DIRECT PHONE CALLS
- ANSWER GENERAL INFORMATION QUESTIONS
- SCREEN CLIENTS FOR BASIC SERVICE ELIGIBILITY
HOPEFULLY YOURS VOLUNTEER
- SORT AND TAG RECEIVED ITEMS
- STOCK AND MAINTAIN RESALE SHOP FLOOR
- ASSIST CUSTOMERS WITH GENERAL QUESTIONS AND INFORMATION
HOPEfully Yours resale shop volunteers start by volunteering in the HOPE Center clothing room until a resale shop volunteer position is available.
SPECIAL PROJECTS VOLUNTEER
Needed for projects such as food and donation drives throughout the year and during the busy holiday season. Continue to check under “VOLUNTEER” in our menu bar for updated special projects volunteer positions.
Will I Receive Training?
New volunteers will receive training for the specific area in which they are assigned. Annual training is also held for all current volunteers.
How Should I Dress?
Tennis shoes, boots, or comfortable slip-ons. No open-toed shoes allowed. Comfortable clothing such as a T-shirt and jeans. No revealing or offensive clothing allowed.
How Do I Apply to Volunteer?
Click on the VOLUNTEER APPLICATION link below and fill out your information! We truly appreciate your interest in joining our volunteer family.